Who Are We?

We are an elderly care provider licensed by the Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration and provide services in the home.

What Services Are Provided?

Homemaker and companion services are provided by our care providers in your home, and may include housekeeping, meals, shopping, as well as trips outside the home.

What Is Not Provided?

If you need help with bathing, dressing, feeding, or other types of personal care, but you do not need any other medical care, you should consider employing a home health aide or certified nursing assistant. A homemaker or companion provider cannot provide these services.

Are These Services Covered By Insurance?

Most often these services would be paid with your own money. For possible assistance, check with your insurance company, the Department of Children and Families, Department of Elder of Affairs, or Agency for Persons with Disabilities. Homemaker/companion companies are not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid.

Are These Considered Skilled Services?

No. Skilled services are provided by a nurse or by a physical, speech, occupational, or respiratory therapist. If a patient is receiving skilled services, the patient’s doctor must sign a treatment order, stating the services needed. Then a plan of care must be created, giving details of how the care will be given (sometimes a plan of care is called a POC or plan of treatment). A plan of care is not required for people receiving home health aide services without a treatment order for those receiving only homemaker/companion services.

What To Ask The Home Health Care Provider.

Ask what services will be provided.

Ask for a written description of fees and ask how billing will be handled.

Ask for proof of current liability insurance (homemakers/companions are not required to carry liability insurance.)

Ask who to contact for questions.

Ask about who you should contact in the company if you have a complaint or problem with the service. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Agency for Healthcare Administration through the toll-free number (888) 419-3456.